Skip to main content


The Saskatchewan Provincial Building and Construction Trades Council provides resources for member affiliates, union members and employers. Through our partnership with the Construction Opportunities Development Corporation (CODC), we offer an employee and family assistance plan, and alcohol and drug policies.

Drug and Alcohol Policy

Alcohol and drug use can make for unsafe work practices and an unsafe work site. Construction workplaces often involve independent work and potentially dangerous equipment and/or materials.

A strong workplace policy on alcohol and drug use is an important part of risk management and ensuring a safe work site. In partnership with the CODC, we provide an alcohol and drug policy—and supporting documents—to remind employers and their employees of the risks associated with alcohol and drug use. The policy also proactively considers responses for when conduct jeopardizes workplace safety, so you can make consistent, predictable, and understandable decisions in difficult situations.

See all the details and related policy documents on the downloads section of the CODC website.

Employee Family Assistance Plan

When life gets tough, PROS get help. The PRO Care Plan, offered in partnership with the CODC, provides professional and confidential counselling and work-life support services to our members and their families.

You can call our provider FSEAP toll free, 24 hours a day at 1-866-757-6620.

If you are a Saskatchewan Building Trades tradesperson, you and your family have access to support for the difficult events and challenges of life, including:

  • family issues/single parenting/child care/elder care;
  • separation/divorce/custody;
  • financial and legal problems;
  • alcohol and drug dependency;
  • gambling and other addictions;
  • weight control, eating disorders, smoking cessation, physical fitness assessment;
  • anger management/depression;
  • harassment: sexual and personal;
  • bereavement and grieving; and
  • retirement planning.

PRO Care services are provided to employees and their eligible family members according to the participation of sponsoring organizations and employers as well as plan eligibility rules.

Note: Your current employer must first enroll you in the plan to initiate your eligibility.

See all the details on plan rules and eligibility, get your voluntary participation application, or find newsletters and information from FSEAP on the PRO Care section of the CODC website.

Substance Use and the Workplace: Supporting Employers and Employees in the Trades [toolkit]

The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction partnered with Health Canada to produce Substance Use and the Workplace: Supporting Employers and Employees in the Trades. This collection of resources contains links from more than 30 organizations and can be used by employers and employees to help reduce the harms of substance use for Canadians, particularly those working in construction and the trades.

Learn More

Start Earning Today

Explore Your Construction Career

  • Attractive salaries.
  • Jobs in demand.
  • Growth Opportunities.
  • Earn while you learn.
  • Quality lifestyle.
  • Variety and flexibility.

A workforce that welcomes you!

Close Menu


1-1334 Wallace St, regina, sk S4N 3Z4

(306) 359-0006